But the issue is very important as 90% of our blood is water. The quality of the water we ingest has an outcome of the quality of our bodies.
But I digress. I've been doing some research into the tap water that we drink.
I know that you should never really do research into things like that because it will scare you!
But here are a few of the things about tap water that is bad for you...
- Chlorine - Thank goodness we don't have plagues and water born diseases in our water today. Chlorine does a great job at killing all the pathogens in our water making it safe for us. But it is a antibiotic, and thus has the same result on our bodies when we drink it. Studies have found lots of harmful side effects to Chlorine including Cancer
- Fluoride - This is to do the same job as well as look after our teeth, however it is highly toxic
- Toxins and chemicals - Who knows exactly - well WHO has a good idea, but we don't know what is in our water. There is bound to be Lead from broken pipes, sewerage and contaminants as well as other nasty plastics and lots of vices in our water.
What can we do about it? Buy bottled water?
Well lots of people do that, but then you have the leaching of the plastic and also the consideration of how bad it is for the environment...
The best water that is available today without a Shadow of a doubt is natural spring water. This can be hard to find though... but if you can find one it can provide such rich nutrient dense water that is great for your health.
Reverse Osmosis Systems
Reverse Osmosis or RO water systems are getting more and more popular though these days.
These systems only let the smallest of particles through their filters. As a result only pure H2O is able to fit through the filter and not any of the nasties that are too big to fit through.
There are a few problems with RO systems though
- Totally remove the good as well as the bad
- As a result the water is Lab quality H2O - Dead water
- Require the water to be rematerialised
RO systems are like antibiotics in that they remove the good as well as the bad.
They remove magnesium, Calcium and many other natural elements that we get and need from our water.
It can't be harmful though?
This dead water has been linked by some scientists to poor thyroid operation as well as other health consequences. In fact the WHO have published an article denouncing RO water and warning of the health consequences that it has. There is an explanation here of the findings of that report.
What can I do I have a RO system already?
Well you can purchase after filter units that reintroduce natural elements. These are quite expensive and need changing annually.
There are available Ionic drops that you can place in the clean water that can help reintroduce minerals.
Or you can add some Himalayean sea Salt into the mix as it has 84 or the natural trace elements that the water is missing.
What ever your choice is though it's best to be educated about the water you drink. And if you are drinking RO water a few easy steps can help
Finally, if you can find a pure clean natural spring then your way to finding the best water that is out there!
I'm on the look out for a great spring, but until then I'm adding some of this lovely pink salt to my RO drinking water!